Get a free fully maintained solar PV system through a power purchase agreement for 20 to 30 years. Electricity generated by the solar PV system you will buy off the investor to run your business. This energy is at a much lower cost than your energy supplier ongoing.
PPA? What is it?
A power purchase agreement offers credible companies ‘free solar’ with long-term financial, accounting and eco benefits. The PPA involves two parties with one business generating the solar energy and the other purchasing it. This setup is useful for companies that want a solar PV system but want to keep their money in the business.
Free solar for my business
If your company satisfies a range of criteria, one of our investors will provide you with a free solar PV system, in return, you will get a fixed-term lease for the roof of your premises. You will receive a good price for the electricity it generates and will be cheaper than your existing energy provider. It is also linked to an inflation rate that is lower than the current energy market. You could save massive amounts on your energy and have green credentials moving forward in business.
Benefits of PPA
A PPA makes perfect business sense and is set up to mutually benefit both you and the investor;
- Free solar PV system | the system is fully funded by a reputable third party asset investor
- Guaranteed savings on energy bills | electricity generated by your PV system is purchased back off the investor at a rate cheaper than your current energy provider linked to inflation better than the energy market
- No maintenance costs | as part of the agreement, your system will have an ongoing operation and maintenance contract at no cost to yourself
- Long term budget control | the unit price you pay for electricity generated by the system will be fixed for the term of the agreement, allowing you to budget better for the future
- Fully transferable | the PPA contract can be transferred to the new occupants should you move to new premises in the future
- Zero cost ‘green’ credentials | a zero cost route to improving your company’s CSR, enhancing relations with eco-conscious suppliers & customers
Do you qualify for a solar power purchase agreement?
We will look into your roof size, type, orientation, pitch and its shading. We will also look at your current bills to see if you are a suitable candidate for a PPA.
The smallest system size to be able to get a PPA is 30kWp (approx. 120 panels) that is not affected by shading. We will also need to see an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the building, and if you don’t have one, we can talk to you more about this.
The investor will also want to see some accounts and to get an idea of where the business is. Obviously, they do this to reduce the risk of who they take in the scheme. Contact us today to discuss your building and potential savings.
PPA Case Study
In 2016, we designed and installed a 500kW rooftop PV system for Stonegrove Refrigeration (image above) at their plant in Harlow. The install was financed through a 20 year PPA deal, saving the client thousands of pounds every year in electricity costs.